[App_rpt-users] Source but not for Acid or Limey

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Sat Feb 4 03:41:36 UTC 2012

On 2/3/2012 9:42 PM, Jim Kutsch wrote:
> The first line in README in trunk states:
>
> This is the Asterisk source package for ACID and LIMEY LINUX
>

> Is Asterisk AllStar source that hasn't been modified for Acid or Limey
> available anywhere in the SVN?  I want to build AllStar for Fedora16.  Most
> of what is in trunk probably isn't distro-specific but the makefiles (at
> least)  are.
>

> Alternatively, is there a list of what c files have been updated from
> "stock" Asterisk??

Any specific reason?  This thing is pretty much, once you get it going,
an embedded (I know it's not in the truest sense of the word, but humor
me, ok?) system which really works well on the OS that is distributed as
part of the whole shooting match.

Just by your question, I'm thinking you could pretty much handle the OS
yourself, however, like any open source program, once you strayed off
the ranch, you'd pretty much be on your own in terms of any errors that
would crop up.

(Full disclosure: I'm running the stock distro for the package...my
other systems here are running everything from F6 to 14 in various
incantations...never had the desire to figure out how to migrate to a
non-distro OS...it just worked when I brought it up, so, I left well
enough alone....)

Bryan