[App_rpt-users] Icom 706 Remote Base

K&R Yoksh yokshs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:36:40 UTC 2012

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info. There were a couple of items in your list that I didn't
have. I'll try them tonight and see if it helps..

> When I used to mess with my 706mkIIg with Ham Radio Deluxe, the serial/CIV
> level converter
> I used needed to have one of the handshake leads forced on to power the
> interface. I want to say DTR, but not sure.
> If that's the case I also remember seeing a way to set a ttyS to do that.
> But again, memory fails me as to the command (setserial ?).

My interface uses an external power source, so I'm positive it's not an
interface power issue.

I'll be sure and post a 100% working config once I've got it going.

Thanks. 73

Kyle
K0KN

  While I'm not using an 706, but a Syntor X with an XCAT here's the related
stuff in my rpt.conf
  (gleaned mostly from an archived Tom Sawyer post that I found in a Google
search)

  Yes, the CIV address is in decimal.

  When I used to mess with my 706mkIIg with Ham Radio Deluxe, the serial/CIV
level converter
  I used needed to have one of the handshake leads forced on to power the
interface. I want to say DTR, but not sure.
  If that's the case I also remember seeing a way to set a ttyS to do that.
But again, memory fails me as to the command (setserial ?).

  functions = functions-remote
  link_functions = functions-remote
  memory = memory ; Section to hold memory entries (optional)
  remote = xcat ; Radio Command format
  ; remote=ft897 for Yaesu FT-897 or
  ; remote=rbi for Doug Hall RBI1
  ; remote=kenwood for Kenwood mobiles such as the TMG707A
  ; remote=ic706 for the Icom IC-706
  ; remote=xcat for Syntor X with XCAT board
  civaddr = 32 ; CI-V address in DECIMAL
  ioport = /dev/ttyS0 ; Specify port for serial port (optional)
  iospeed = 19200 ; COMM port speed
  dusbabek = yes ; Not sure what this is but it needs to be there
  uthlevel = 0 ; Remote base authentication level
  ; authlevel = 0 : Anyone can use it
  ; authlevel = 1 : Requires log in, Waits for Tx key to ask for it
  ; authlevel = 2 : Requires log in, asks for it automously
  ;mars = 1 ; set=1 for IC-706 w/MARS mods (optional)
  ;
  remote_inact_timeout=0 ; Inactivity timer for remote base nodes only (set
to 0 to disable).
  remote_timeout=5400 ; Session time out for remote base. (set to 0 to
disable)
  split2m = 600 ; Set the default tx split to 600 KC

  [memory]
  ;Syntax : CC=RRR.RRR,PPP.P,AAAAA
  ;          C=Channel Number
  ;          R=RX Frequency
  ;          P=PL Frequency
  ;          A=Attributes
  ;
  ;Attributes : a=AM   b=LSB  f=FM  u=USB
  ;             l=Low Power   m=Medium Power   h=High Power
  ;             -=Minus TX Offset    s=Simplex     +=Plus TX Offset
  ;             t=TX PL on    r=RX PL on
  ;
  init=147.540,123.0,shrt ;Set to this on startup
  00=145.510,123.0,sh
  01=145.530,123.0,sh

        Robert A. Poff
        Loganville, PA