[App_rpt-users] Voice Mail features of Asterisk

Jim Kehler kh2d at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 18 18:33:16 UTC 2012

With anything that will make a sound file. I use a text to speech program
to make a WAV file and then convert the files to GSM with a program
called "Sox" which you can download for free on the Internet. It will
convert WAV files to GSM or ULAW format for Asterisk.

Take a look at:

http://www.nextup.com/

You can download a trial version of "Text Aloud" and hear what a bunch
of TTS voices sound like. If you are going to make a bunch of sound files,
like announcements. id'ers, and the "node names" files, that's the
easiest way
to do it. I use a voice called NeoSpeech Kate, which is close to Allison's
voice and probably the most realistic TTS voice I have.

You can also use the Windows recorder to record them. Get one of the
girls from the ham club with a nice voice to record them for you. Or hire
Allison Smith, but she's probably a bit expensive because she's a real
person, not a TTS voice

A TTS voice costs about $30, and a the Text Aloud program is also about
$30, so for sixty bucks you can make sound files forever....

73, Jim KH2D