[App_rpt-users] Calling a shell script

Robert A. Poff WB3AWJ wb3awj at comcast.net
Tue Feb 28 18:47:24 UTC 2012

I have a need to call a shell script from a DTMF function.

An internet search finds this message in the archive : Calling a script message
So based on what I found there I did this:

Added to extensions.conf:
[call-bash-script]
exten => 1,1,System(/etc/W3SBA/utils/drillactive) ; Configure for EmComm Drill

And in rpt.conf:
8495=autopatchup,context=call-bash-script,farenddisconnect=1 ;84951 - Set up for EmComm Drill
It works as is.
But, is this still the way to do this? Or is there a "better" way to make a call to the system?

Robert A. Poff
Loganville, PA.

"Lieutenant, target the offending power boat and launch photon torpedoes"