[App_rpt-users] SheevaPlug

Ron Morell ron at morell.us
Tue Jan 3 18:07:03 UTC 2012

Stephen,
Appreciated your input on my IAX2 soft phone iaxAgent.  It is now
working fine.  Good cell phone IAX2 soft phone application.

I've spent considerable time working with the Sheevaplugs.  We installed
Winlink RMS Gateways, APRS Gateways, and an FPAC node server on these
things. I did find some problems cross compiling to the ARMv5tel
processor but was able to debug the sources and compiler options to
finally produce a reliable install for FPAC, http://www.qsl.net/fpac/ .
I used Debian Squeeze for the OS, cross-compiled this processor:
root at KA7U-plug:/var/log# cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.0.4 (root at linux-jsyn) (gcc version 4.5.2 (Sourcery G++
Lite 2011.03-41) ) #2 PREEMPT Sun Sep 18 23:09:01 MDT 2011
And boot the whole mess from an 8Gbyte SD Card. Works every time and the
uptime is great, and a simple script backs up the OS and another
restores it.

So finding your old post below, I tried following the links but they
don't all work.  Do you still have relevant install scripts for Asterisk
and the other parts?  Did you or anyone you were working with manage to
compile asterisk+app_rpt and get it all going on the Sheevaplug?

The current Beagle Board with LOX provides a superior solution to the
Sheevaplug, I'm sure, but I still have a couple of spare Sheevaplugs
laying under the bench and it would be nice to put them into service.
They run on 5vdc and it is easy to power them at a remote site.
Besides, it might be possible to run an FPAC node from the same server
box, although I've read that USB assignments for the sound card FOB
might not be reliable through a multi port USB adapter.
73,
Ron Morell
KA7U