[App_rpt-users] USB Soundcard Fob - no audio

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Fri Jan 6 13:51:45 UTC 2012

The flashing green light is a good sign.

That's reporting in as a CM108 for sure.

>From the source code:
#define C108_VENDOR_ID 0x0d8c
#define C108_PRODUCT_ID 0x000c

In usbradio.conf make sure that txmixa= and txmixb= something other than no

Example from one of my nodes:

txmixa=composite        ;no,voice,tone,composite,auxvoice
txmixb=composite

also try (from asterisk command line) "radio tune"

>From my 2360 node:
Tx Voice Level currently set to 350
Tx Tone Level currently set to 160...

If those are too low you might not get anything out.

ALSO...to transmit tone "radio tune txvoice" should put out a tone.

*80 (default setup) makes the thing ID, and if that isn't setup correctly
might give you no audio.

Another point is that I no longer modify USB Fobs. The ones I use are
identical to the ones in that pdf. But I use the PC's parallel port lines
for COS in and PTT out, much neater.
I also do DC blocking (the caps) in the radio.