[App_rpt-users] Softphone to the repeater Ports...

Josh Freeman cpe.jfreeman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:41:39 UTC 2012

Yes, you can do this. I had an AllStar-independent demonstration
repeater set up with two phones connected via a SIP ATA, and that worked
just fine.

How are you invoking the Rpt application in the extension that would
connect your SIP phone to the repeater? You have to use either the
reverse-autopatch option or one of the "phone control mode" options...
but one of those should provide an acceptable solution for connecting a
SIP or Zaptel channel to the repeater.

The doc snippet below should give you the basic idea -

************
Rannounce-string[|timeout[|timeout-destination]] - Amateur Radio
Reverse Autopatch. Caller is put on hold, and announcement (as
specified by the 'announce-string') is played on radio system.
Users of radio system can access autopatch, dial specified
code, and pick up call. Announce-string is list of names of
recordings, or \"PARKED\" to substitute code for un-parking,
or \"NODE\" to substitute node number.

P - Phone Control mode. This allows a regular phone user to have
full control and audio access to the radio system. For the
user to have DTMF control, the 'phone_functions' parameter
must be specified for the node in 'rpt.conf'. An additional
function (cop,6) must be listed so that PTT control is available.

D - Dumb Phone Control mode. This allows a regular phone user to
have full control and audio access to the radio system. In
this mode, the PTT is activated for the entire length of the call.
For the user to have DTMF control (not generally recomended in
this mode), the 'dphone_functions' parameter must be specified
for the node in 'rpt.conf'. Otherwise no DTMF control will be
available to the phone user.

73 de Josh KI4ITI