[App_rpt-users] Slightly OT:U-Verse

Mark Cheavens mcheavens at usa.net
Fri Jan 20 23:14:43 UTC 2012

George,
I have U-Verse with static IP's at one of my locations. The "static"
ip's are programmed and assigned by the "residential gateway". The
service has been very stable and works great. Programming the gateway
is a pain in the @$$.

You don't assign the devices a static, they MUST dhcp the static from
the gateway. I was an early adopter of their static IP service and it
was not fun to get the information from U-Verse when I did it. (they
were clueless how to program it).

Mark
KC5EVE

(BTW - Jim Reese had it at his old house, I don't know what he is using now.)