[App_rpt-users] Remote Serial Access

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Wed Jul 4 12:06:25 UTC 2012

On 7/4/2012 7:52 AM, Bob Roszkowski wrote:
I have a node at a site along with a controller.  I would like to access the controller via serial to update as needed.  Is it possible to connect the AllStar nodes serial port to the controller and access it via SSH tunnel?  I tried googleing it but could not find the answer I was looking for.  What steps are required for setup?

--
boB - W5EVH

Take a look at minicom, it should work for what you are wanting to do. You can SSH into the box and then run minicom from there. If running ACID install it by issuing "yum install minicom"

Hope that helps....

73
Stephen
K1LNX