[App_rpt-users] re-generate DTMF

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sat Jul 14 20:57:11 UTC 2012

Hi All;

I'd like to allow DTMF tones to pass through my repeater and, in the
case of a half-duplex node, to regenerate DTMF tones on the output
frequency.

I have been trying to get this going (and thanks to Ken, KE2N and Jon,
VA3RQ for testing with me this morning).  I have the following in my
rpt.conf file:

duplex=1
propagate_dtmf=yes

With the above, we are unable to send / pass DTMF tones.

Ken suggested that I try 'parrot mode' - I enabled that by adding the
following to my functions stanza:

987=cop,55              ; Parrot once by command

Now, when I send *987 123 (without unkeying) and on the output, I hear 3
clicks (corresponding to 1 2 3) - i.e., muted DTMF tones.

How can I pass DTMF tones (in the case of a FD repeater) or re-generate
them in the case of a half-duplex system?

TIA!

Ramesh.