[App_rpt-users] Thinking Out Loud

Pawlowski, Adam ajp26 at buffalo.edu
Mon Jun 4 13:37:00 UTC 2012

This is one of the things that I was curious about with this device, and I'm glad to see that it works over the "4G" networks without major issues given the potential latency of those things. Our club maintains a couple of disparate repeaters and I'm not sure that a RF link between the two is needed for any particular purpose.

Our UHF coverage is fairly abysmal so I was trying to suss out the merits of running a distributed repeater with lower power nodes hosted by members within our designated coverage area. That may be dangerous however.  Given the (as far as I know) inability to run multiple URI's on a machine which may reboot (without re-assigning device IDs again) and that half our group seems to not trust anything that looks like a computer, the RTCM may work for them.

Adam / KC2YQF