[App_rpt-users] Features/bugs

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:27:24 UTC 2012

Just curious, is there a bug tracking db to enter either bugs or feature
requests?

Some like Mantis, bugzilla, etc?

On the feature request front.  I've got a small one.

A) it might be nice to have the ability enable or disable the RTCM either
from a hardware pin (letting the controller in a repeater do it), or by some
DTMF pattern - unique to the RTCM.

I had a case where I has setup the offline mode and tested it as best as I
could.  It got in a mode where it was going off and back on line (not and
RTCM issue, it was related to how I did my internet too it), and the way I
had it configured, it was IDing, every time the connection failed for
restored. (on about 5 second intervals). This happened once I was *away*
from the site. I'd have loved the ability to remotely have shut off the RTCM
but couldn't figure out a way to do that.

Luckily I had to go back to the site the next day so I fixed my issue and
reconfigured the offline mode slightly.

I've kinda acid tested one of these from the connection resilience
standpoint.  Been running it on a somewhat flakey 4G connection that cycles
connectivity quite frequently.  Needless to say, the RTCM has been a rock
and it's been through some very strange states :). The most strange is one
where the connectivity back to it is still partially there, but as a result,
it cycles the PTT on the repeater at about every syllable.. very interesting
behavior, but not a bug, it's doing exactly what it should be. and as soon
as connectivity comes back fully, it's just keeps on keeping on.

All of this will go away as I'm about 24 hours away from having real
hardwired inet at the sight, but it has proved to me that this is gonna work
just great in a mobile install as another node that I'll host on my allstar
server.

Alan