[App_rpt-users] Major Allstar Issue

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:37:32 UTC 2012

Sounds to me like you got hacked!  If it rebooted and you had a keyboard and
monitor connected to it and it came up correctly, but you can't login,
either someone changes your ssh login, *or* you have a volume failing and
the area of the drive where the executable for sshd is located is bad.

One option you could try is to boot with keyboard/monitor and you'd have to
go see how centos does it, but there is a way to boot to single user mode.
If you get there and you can't login, someone changed the root password.

I hope you didn't have telnet access enabled, and I hope you changed the ssh
port number... If not, there were 2 ways someone could have gotten to your
computer...

Sorry for the challenges, but it's either a drive issue or a hacker, only 2
things if it was working and now it's not and you can't login.

Alan