[App_rpt-users] RTCM CTCSS Output Tone

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Mon Jun 18 19:03:28 UTC 2012

Just received my RTCM!  Whoo Hoo!  Have a question though.

The PL tone output is also the transmit audio output. With my USB fob, I used both channels of the TX out, one for PL and one for audio. This worked perfectly for a Motorola Mitrek. Now I will be using a GP300 or P110 for a transmitter and would really like to separate the PL tone output from the audio output.

What have others done? Will a 16 pin GM300 take PL into the microphone input?

Or are you running the RTCM transmit audio into the flat audio input of the radio?  Does the radio provide deviation limiting with this setup? I don’t think it does.

Thanks!
73
Jim W7RY