[App_rpt-users] Compromise?

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 16:40:36 UTC 2012

Anyone know if there is a way to compromise on the telemetry options.

I want the node to act like a simplex link with no CT or hang time, when
it's keyed local, but when it's keyed remote (from another node), I want HT
and CT or at least the option to one tweak them.

Duplex=0 kills both but I need the flexibility to set either *or* both.

I'm running on a digital repeater, that uses it's built in controller (no
this isn't D-Star), I've figure out how to pick of the transcoded audio such
that I can send it to allstar, but what I don't want is the HT and CT coming
back to the repeater with the delay from allstar on local traffic through
the repeater only.  But, when a signal comes from allstar, from another link
or node, I *do* want at lease the CT. I'll have to see if the HT on the
local controller is still in effect.

I've just about got my NXDN repeater functional as an NXDN to Allstar bridge
(in fact that works today), without double transcoding the digital audio at
the repeater (first test were to pick off the transcoded audio from the
repeater RX, and let allstar duplex it back. well as you might imagine,
lossy transcoded audio, then sent back in to be re-transcoded to a lossy
process, to then be decoded by the user radio, didn't sounds so good :). ).

Anyway, I'm all most there, just need this last piece of the puzzle.

Thanks again,
Alan