[App_rpt-users] Descriminator audio needed????

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at me.com
Mon Mar 5 03:54:34 UTC 2012

Sorry, there is no COR input on the RTCM. It must have full bandwidth discriminator audio to correctly detect noise for squelch and RSSI. If you have a radio that limits discriminator audio to between 300 and 3000 hz it probably won't work.

The good news is the squelch action is very, very good. I'd say it's as good as the much exalted MICOR squelch, maybe even better. On strong signals it's super fast, nothing more than a mic click, like reverse burst. Weak signals will have a long squelch tail.
--
Tim
:wq