[App_rpt-users] Aint gonna happen

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 11 17:54:46 UTC 2012

Its really about time this discussion end about now...

There doesnt seem to be much positive purpose in continuing it..

REALLY.......

JIM WB6NIL

Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:51:08 -0400
From: fishflorida at gmail.com
To: szingman at msgstor.com
CC: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Aint gonna happen

>> Virtualized operating environments JUST DONT WORK with realtime audio-oriented applications,

The owners of some of the world's largest network infrastructure would disagree. It all depends on the resources applied. Large 128-core servers with fast storage are virtualized into multiple servers to do things like capture all the high def video feeds of 15 simultaneous basketball games.

It works if you allocate the resources.
Audio switching is easy. If you allocate resources physically or virtually, it really doesn't matter. The problem comes when you try to do this with a typical workstation.

--
Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL