[App_rpt-users] EchoLink

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 18:22:00 UTC 2012

Doesn't get much easier than this… straight from the samples config file with the information changed as required.

[el0]
confmode=no
call=W7QO-R            ; Change this!
pwd=<changed to my password>               ; Change this!
name=Test ; Change this to your real name!
qth=Atlanta,GA ; Change this to your actual QTH!
email=adamson_alan at hotmail.com ; Change this!
maxstns=20
rtcptimeout=10
node=710254 ; Change this!
recfile=/tmp/recorded.gsm
astnode=28578 ; Change this to your active Allstar node number!
context=radio-secure
server1=server1.echolink.org
server2=server2.echolink.org
server3=server3.echolink.org

With that setup I get these errors which have been discussed before… and it doesn't matter if I change the server names to naeast.echolink.org, etc.

[May 23 14:19:52] ERROR[2033] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on server1.echolink.org
[May 23 14:20:22] ERROR[2031] chan_echolink.c: connect() failed to connect to the Echolink server server2.echolink.org
[May 23 14:20:22] ERROR[2033] chan_echolink.c: connect() failed to connect to the Echolink server server2.echolink.org
[May 23 14:20:43] ERROR[2033] chan_echolink.c: Unable to connect to directory server server2.echolink.org
[May 23 14:20:43] ERROR[2033] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on server3.echolink.org
[May 23 14:21:03] ERROR[2033] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on server1.echolink.org

I'll go look to see if there have been changes to the chan_echolink.c file that I'm not running but I just built everything with the distribution makefile yesterday.  This was talked about on this forum last year, but I never found a resolution other than it worked for some and not for others…???

Alan