[App_rpt-users] Simplex link

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon May 28 20:00:30 UTC 2012

A local repeater club to me has a site which is inaccessible via the
internet (too far from the CO in route distance for DSL, and fiber
bypassed them...and the cable company wants someone's first born to run
a coax up the hill...) but, would still like, on an occasional basis, to
join my machines to their net for emcomm practice (I drop off the
network I'm usually on due to various reasons when the nets start up
there...).

So, I'm thinking that a simplex node on my current configuration, with
the proper split frequency, might be an/the answer.  IOW, it's listening
on their transmit, I transmit back to them on their receive.  Simple,
standard arrangement.  FWIW, it's an alinco DR135, so I can derive the
COR and PTT nicely from the rear connector, so that shouldn't be a
problem.

So...thinking about how to build the configuration?  Not really clear
what the values I should have in usbradio.conf or rpt.conf to enable this.

Of course, I'll script the connection/disconnection to sequence dropping
off the big net first, joining the simplex to the remote repeater, and
reverse, but was just wondering what the proper values were to put in
the config files...

Grateful for any guidance.  I know this seems like a basic question,
but, for some reason I've a processing block on this right now...

tnx 73
Bryan WB0YLE