[App_rpt-users] irlp channel driver Q?

Mark Huelskoetter wl7ni.ak at gmail.com
Thu May 31 14:32:02 UTC 2012

     You can re-integrate chan_irlp if you are so inclined.  I have done so
and it works.  I have actually done so using Ubuntu as the base operating
system.  I started with an install of Ubuntu 10.04 Server.  Next I checked
out the latest SVN of Allstar.  Then I down graded app_rpt to SVN revision
854 (I think, I don't remember at the moment) and grabbed chan_irlp and
irlp.conf from the same revision.  Then I compiled it all and configured.
     As far as IRLP goes, I created an install script to install from a
backup onto the Ubuntu OS.  You can look at a blog post on the website:

www.alaskareflector.org

It has a link to the IRLP install script and some simple instructions to
get started.

There is one minor issue:

The audio level coming from Allstar will fluctuate intermittently.  It
seems like it happen more when there is a small amount of packet loss from
the source.  So, during a QSO, sometimes the voice goes really quiet.  Then
when the packets catch up, it goes back to normal or louder.  I have played
with the jitterbuffer settings thinking that might help, but so far it
hasn't.  It's almost like some sort of automatic gain that is getting
messed up, but I don't think that feature is in this version of asterisk.
But, I digress.

You can listen for yourself on the Alaskan Reflector IRLP 9070 by going to
node 27597.  Enjoy!

Mark
WL7NI