[App_rpt-users] please please help

Shane Morris edgecomberts at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 04:15:19 UTC 2012

Your best bet would be to do some reading. there's plenty of Howtos out
there that explain basic tasks. Linux, as you may have guessed, isn't
Windows.

I know this sounds like I'm trying to fob you away, but your best tool is
to READ then DO. If you are committed to running a node, and you don't hose
it at least once, seriously, you're not trying hard enough :)

I can be a bit pedantic because I've been playing with Linux and Solaris
since 1999, but I assure you, I started where you are too, and patience and
perseverance always wins out. Before that I trained on System 6 and MSDOS.
And I've been playing with computers - especially obsolete ones - since I
was 8 (in 1992). You always know you've learned too much when you can fix a
20 year old computer with bubble gum and prayer :)

So, for you: Google "Linux System Administration Howto." Read it, then come
back to us. Good luck and best wishes in your journey! I hope to hear you
on the airwaves soon!