[App_rpt-users] please please help

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Fri Nov 9 14:01:16 UTC 2012

On 11/9/12 8:44 AM, KP4TR (Ramon Gonzalez) wrote:
> In my most honest opinion based on what jve read, you will need someone to do this for you and not do it yourself. See if someone local to you can configure this for you.

Unfortunately, I do agree, Ramon.  Not to doubt the willingness of the
OP to build an asterisk box...but, without a basic understanding of how
linux operates...it may lead down the path of an incredible amount of
frustration and problems.

Not trying to wave the OP off, but that was my original take on it.
While Jim and all the contributors to the project have done there best
to make it as foolproof as possible, there is a base level of
understanding of how OSs work and what various terms (like 'root') mean
and how to use them.

Not for the faint of heart, by any stretch nor saying it can't be done
(there are more than a couple on the list that were in that boat...and
with hands-on help, are able to get their systems working), but you have
to start somewhere.  In this case, local hands-on assistance may be the
best in the long run, regardless of the somewhat delayed satisfaction
that will result.

Just my $>02.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.