[App_rpt-users] Dstar Interface

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Mon Nov 12 23:05:02 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2012 5:55 PM, radioman wrote:

> Has anyone tried to interface a ID-880H to a URI
>
> i'm using the PS2 plug on the back of the radio and every works but when
> the URI tells the radio
> to TX the radio just Beeps, in the DV mode
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

<-- Hi Tony; Why would you have your 880H in DV mode? - shouldn't it be
in FM mode? - presumably you're trying to setup some kind of hotspot
since you're using a URI?

If this is the case, your 880 should be in FM mode.  BTW - I wouldn't
use an 880 or any other D-STAR radio for the hotspot radio - way too
much of a radio for that.... use an el-cheapo FM (TRUE FM) radio.

Cheers,

Ramesh.

www.freestar.us