[App_rpt-users] Tone Levels

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sat Nov 17 02:13:30 UTC 2012

frequency and infrequency, amplitude and idaplitude. One is used for ID's, and the other for any other morse messages you might want to send. For instance, you might set your ID frequency at a lower pitch and volume (mine is 600 hz and 1024 amplitude), so it doesn't drown out your users, then have other morse sent at, say, 700 hz and a 4096 amplitude, say, to have a morse "K" sent as your courtesy tone.

You don't have to reboot or to even restart asterisk, not in most cases anyway. I've ound that sometimes changing idrecording required an /etc/init.d/asterisk restart but mostly, not. Instead, try just reloading the repeater configuration, thus:

asterisk -rx "rpt reload"

Or,
asterisk -r
rpt reload