[App_rpt-users] Interesting problem

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sat Nov 24 18:09:34 UTC 2012

You say 'underneath' the transmit audio, so I am guessing it is a low volume
level tone.
I have had various hums/tones show up that I eventually traced to ground
loops.
Use of switching supplies for the computer and radio make for lots of
interesting "notes".
The URI has no transformer isolation, so is particularly susceptible to
this, under certain circumstances.

The cure was simple and effective: a short heavy wire between the computer
chassis and the transmitter chassis.

73
Ken
KE2N

I use as
> an occasional link from my node(s) into the local club repeater (trying to
> demonstrate for them the wonders of asterisk...).
>
> The DR135 is set up for digital input, levels are ok, keying off the ptt
on the
> rear connector.  I can connect ok, get good modulation in both directions,
PL