[App_rpt-users] Limey on Intel D2700MUD Questions

Randy Neals randy at neals.ca
Sat Oct 20 18:21:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've read the Limey docs, saw the D2700MUD was supported and got one.
Now building the system, but not with a lot of Linux exp.

Drive Question:
I could use a 128MB CF card in a CF/SATA adapter, or
I see the D2700MUD board has a Mini PCIe port where I could put an SSD.
The SSD would be a clean cable, all-components-on-the-motherboard system
and looks attractive.
If I used an SSD, would I still be able to use the standard Limey
binary/image intended for the CF?

RTCM vs URIx and system scalability/performance:
I'm aiming to use this system to control a co-located VHF and UHF repeater.
(ICOM FR-5000/6000)
It may also have an additional repeater or link added over time - possibly
4 radios.
Do I need to be concerned about performance of this D2700 system with 4
radios?
Is there a performance advantage in using the RTCM as the radio interface
in that it seems to process COR in the RTCM rather than n the PC?

Any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy