[App_rpt-users] Using SVN copy of Asterisk on RaspberryPi (and "usb.h")

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sun Oct 28 01:27:08 UTC 2012

On 27/10/2012 6:17 PM, Shane Morris wrote:
> Ok, my little lesson, on Mac OS X, dont use "/dev/disk1s1" for the
> "of=" option, use "/dev/rdisk1" =)
>
> Now to try this out...!

<-- Hi Shane and all;

Enough playing around for today, here is what I have done (and really
haven't got any further with the ARCH Linux distro) - regardless, for
the sake of documenting what I have done - here goes:

Installed the ARCH Linux distro...

pacman - is the package manager (wasn;t this a video game that we played
with back in the 70's or so???).

So to update everything:

pacman -Syu

then using pacman -S added the following:

libnewt
alsa-lib
ncurses
libnewt
openssl
curl
zlib
make
gcc
linux
linux-headers

As I said, no further ahead - I still get errors complaining that the
kernel sources are not available!

I wonder, is there a way to cross compile on another platform and then
just run the binaries on the Pi ????

R.