[App_rpt-users] GM300 Cable pinout question

Mike ipscone at msdsite.com
Wed Apr 10 21:05:04 UTC 2013

I have decided to build an allstar node.  Got the radio, got the account,
got the URI, got the Linux box, got the software, now I have to build the
cable and put it all together.

But in looking at the cable description on the DMKeng site, I don't see
any COS signal used.

http://www.dmkeng.com/images/9080-GM300.pdf

Isn't the COS from the radio needed to suppress transmitting dead autio
over the network?  I thought a COS signal was required.  It's talked about
as necessary  but the signal isn't shown in the gm300 cable description.

Anyone care to explain why this is not needed or when it is needed?  And
if it is needed, which pin on the 25 connector would it go to?

Mike