[App_rpt-users] Echolink problem

Bill Hurlock bill.hurlock at cpcomms.com
Fri Apr 19 21:10:48 UTC 2013

I have a working Echolink running on my Node, however I have discovered a problem that is causing me grief. On a true PC or Cell phone based version of Echolink, when connected to a remote node and the person talking finishes a transmission you cannot press the talk button on the local node until the remote node clears itself to allow the local node to TX to the remote node. Hope this makes sense.... In the current version of the "Allstar version of Echolink", if I don't pause for at least 2 to 3 seconds and go into TX to the remote echolink node my audio will not pass to the remote node until I unkey and rekey on the local end. It looks like there needs to be a courtesy type tone to signal you that it is OK to start your transmission. I can't tell you how many times I have got trapped by this issue. Maybe there is already something that takes care of this, but I haven't had any luck searching for a fix.

Bill Hurlock
CPCommunications
856-234-1661 Office
856-264-1010<http://www.totalrf.com/> Cell