[App_rpt-users] uLaw playback

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Tue Aug 6 13:02:53 UTC 2013

On 8/6/13 8:10 AM, Jon Rorke wrote:
> When I make my audio files in Audacity, I export to a wav file then I
> export to ulaw.
> I then play the wav files back to verify they sound ok.

Like a few others on the list here, I'm pretty certain there are a few
audio/broadcast/radio engineers in the woodpile, so, while it's good
enough to use William or Allison via cepstral, there is nothing like
actually, should you want, having a professional production or voice to
do fixed announcements.  I mean, TTS can only go so far, right?

I know it's overkill (anything worth doing is worth doing to
excess...;)), but, I have a complete radio (as in broadcast) studio
setup at home; full tape (yes, even carts), a-d conversion, processing
(dbx, orban) equipment, dynamic, condensor, ribbon mics, etc., and can
deliver in multiple formats (mp3, wav, gsm, etc).

Current studio: http://www.wb0yle.com/photos/streaming.jpg

New console I'm restoring to replace the one in the above picture:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200644058003293&l=6448542573621037740

Maybe those of us with the skills, on an as-available and casual basis,
can help out those who are 'production facilities-challenged?'????

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.