[App_rpt-users] Remote Base commands/operation

Ross Johnson kc7rjk at comcast.net
Tue Aug 13 00:31:30 UTC 2013

Hello,
I am also having the same trouble as Mark, we’ve been working together on this. It has become very frustration trying to remote base the ic706.

We have made good progress, CIV addresses are correct after some google-ing. Turns out the Asterisk/app_rpt how-to’s are not very detailed or even correct. The CIV addr for the ic706MKii is 4e hex, the rpt.conf file needs this in decimal where the how-to does not state this fact and says to enter 88, then it says enter 98 somewhere else on the page. While in reality 4e hex = 78 dec. so that’s what was entered in rpt.conf file and we have “some” communication with the radio. When you connect to the remote base node we still hear the “invalid frequency” announcement but the radio will switch from VFO to MEM mode and vise versa depending on what mode its in but that’s all we can get it to do.

So has this system EVER worked? All of the google-ing has led me to find 0 working ic706 remote bases, and one other who's in the same exact place as us K0KN. If not why is it advertised on the Asterisk/app_rpt site?
I KNOW the node is talking to the radio watching the CIV via a null modem cable in HyperTerminal, when you connect to the node where it switches from or to VFO mode. I can see that command in HyperTerminal but I can’t get any other commands out of the node like the remote-function-stanza commands. What are we doing wrong? How are we supposed to enter the commands? Or better yet, how do you send the remote-function-stanza commands out to the radio? Any help or pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading 73
Ross
www.kc7rjk.net