[App_rpt-users] RTCM simulcast help

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 13 23:37:44 UTC 2013

I was able to help this dude.

And thanks, Michael, for sort of indirectly pointing out the necessity for mentioning
this:

Every time the Voter/RTCM firmware is "upgraded" (well, at least we *hope* so :-) ), there
is a possibility that a "new" setting/feature was added that did not exist in the previous
version, and, therefore can cause a situation of there being a "rogue" value in a "new" configuration
parameter, since it "lives" in configuration "space" that "did not exist" in the previous version.

Therefore, the "best practice" for upgrading the Voter/RTCM is to do a "factory initialization" of
configuration parameters every time you upgrade. Obviously, you dont *HAVE* to, but if you dont
you run the risk of "something weird going on".

Remember the new slogan for this -- "When it doubt, zero it out"..

:-)

Jim WB6NIL