[App_rpt-users] echolink issues

James Nessen nessenj at jimsoffice.org
Sun Aug 18 20:40:24 UTC 2013

I am trying to get echolink going for a buddy of mine and running into a
few snags..

I noticed that his station doesn't appear online, nor does it have the
echolink directory stored, looking at his logs, I see:

[Aug 18 13:33:03] ERROR[19489] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on
nawest.echolink.org
[Aug 18 13:33:08] ERROR[19489] chan_echolink.c: Error in parsing header on
servers.echolink.org

I have tried some other servers (that I got from the Windows program) and
regardless of what server I use, I am getting the errors above.

Few things I have checked so far:

1. Login information - I was able to login successfully via the Windows
program using the callsign and password that I have stored in echolink.conf
2. Update - I just updated and rebuild the astsrc tree (I thought maybe I
had an outdated version of chan_echolink).

Here is his echolink.conf (password hidden to protect the innocent):

[el0]
confmode=no
call=WU7Q-R    ; Change this!
pwd=<HIDDEN>    ; Change this!
name=Mike
qth=Elk Grove, CA
email=wmflud at yahoo.com
maxstns=20
rtcptimeout=10
node=3590 ; Change this!
recfile=/tmp/recorded.gsm
astnode=2336 ; Change this to your active Allstar node number!
context=radio-secure
server1=nawest.echolink.org
server2=servers.echolink.org
server3=backup.echolink.org