[App_rpt-users] System ideas for a first install

Jonathan Weirmeir jonathan.weirmeir at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 23:52:22 UTC 2013

A while back, I asked for tips with virtualization. However, since it's my
first time, I'd like to use a dedicated box for app_rpt.

I'm interested in a system solution that's fairly low profile, but most
importantly, that's low in power consumption and heat generaton (which
rules out the spare Pentium 4 space heater I have sitting around).

I've read that some have repurposed thin clients for app_rpt, with
different levels of success.

Anyone have any suggestions for systems that have enough horsepower to run
up to four nodes on a single box, and around say $100 or less? I'm using
URIx's and USB sound fobs.

Thanks, can't wait to get going with app_rpt.

Jonathan