[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 54, Issue 78

K&R Yoksh yokshs at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 04:24:28 UTC 2013

I have had problems with users that link large groups such as 2135 to my
node(s). Once is a mistake, but if this continues to happen, it can cause
real problems. Not all stations have full-duty cycle transmitters, for
instance.

In most cases, the offender has been connected via Web Transceiver, dials a
slew of DTMF commands, and then disappears. The last time it happened, I
think something like 68 nodes were connected to my hub node, and our groups
10-12 transmitters.

Some of the responsibility falls on the node owners to know who is
controlling their node, and what is happening as a result. I myself use text
messaging/email and additional logging to keep track of node activity. I'd
be all ears on the "right" way of dealing with it though.

73

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Olathe, KS