[App_rpt-users] How to set MAC address on Beagleboard xM with Pickle Linux?

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 15:35:48 UTC 2013

Instead of concentrating on having a static MAC and having the router
set a static IP, just set the IP on the board itself. Then it should
not matter what the MAC is.

It can all be done through the /etc/network/interfaces file, similar to:

iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.1.5
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.254

I use this method for my static IP's and no longer bother with the
router. This is especially helpful with routers/firmware that do not
support assigning a static IP through DHCP.

Brett KQ9N