[App_rpt-users] Turn off dis/connect messages but not other telemetry? (corrected)

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Fri Dec 6 18:39:09 UTC 2013

On 12/6/2013 10:23 AM, Geoff wrote:

> For others who may not know, 'duck' is used in xaiper, and the
> telemetry voice 'ducks' under the audio of the repeater user, by
> dropping the telemetry voice level by half (or as defined).
>
> -Geoff/W5OMR

Since I was the person who requested and defined the operation of this
function, I feel the need to provide a proper explanation. This feature
was officially added to XIPAR on March 30, 2011.
Here is the email with the explanation of its operation:

> March 21, 2011
>
> Kevin,
>
> Thanks for calling. I'm glad I got your input to add the setting for the
> nominal, non-busy channel announce volume in addition to the busy
> channel announce volume.
>
> With the new software, the following values can be entered for a
> repeater context in /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf.
>
> telemnomdb = Telemetry Nominal dB volume adjustment. This is the number
> of dB to adjust the telemetry volume when the channel is not keyed by a
> local or remote received signal.
> Example: telemnomdb=-3
> Default: telemnomdb=0
>
> telemduckdb = Telemetry Duck dB volume adjustment. This is the number of
> dB to adjust the telemetry volume when the channel is keyed by a local
> or remote received signal.
> Example: telemduckdb=-10
> Default: telemduckdb=0
>
> I'm ready to load this on a test repeater whenever you have one ready.
> After good results, I'll make this change to the install sources.
>
> I'll also have the update script handle the case of locally modified
> sources a little better.
>
> 73,
> Steve, W9SH

This was ported to node 27258 and tested for about a week.  I use the
the following parameters:

telemnomdb=-10               ; Telemetry Nominal Amplitude reference in dB
telemduckdb=-15              ; Telemetry Ducking in dB when local or
link voice tx in progress

My setting are aggressive, but the ability is there to set these the way
YOU like.

Many folks don't realize the female voice behind Asterisk is a real
lady.  Her name is Allison Smith:
http://www.theivrvoice.com/
http://www.theivrvoice.com/allison-asterisk/

You'll like here even more when you can control the level of her voice!
<grin>

Kevin Custer - WJ8G