[App_rpt-users] Questions regarding node identification

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Dec 8 19:18:49 UTC 2013

See answers below:

On 12/8/2013 1:36 PM, Doug Crompton wrote:
> I have a server defined at allstarlink. I also have three nodes
> assigned to that server. I am trying to figure out how to identify a
> non-radio node such as a hub with text rather than a frequency ID.
> This would be the field labeled <none> when no frequency is defined. I
> notice in the cloud and node list displays others have text in this
> field but the frequency field appears to only allows numerics.
If you want to identify each node differently with information such as
location and so on, then you must define a server on the Allstar site
for each node. Even if each node is on the same PC physically.
Since you have 3 nodes defined on one "Virtual"server, you will have to
create 2 new servers on the Allstar site. One for each node you want to
identify separately from the original server. Once you have done that
then you can move the nodes to the new Vertual servers on the Allstar site.

To move a node, go to the node menu and select a node confuration -
select one ofthe nodes you want to move off your original server. Then
in the nodes menu, select "move node to another server". Select one
of-the newly created servers for that node. your node will now be
associated with the new server.

You can now update the info for the new server to reflect the node.

As for changing the node freq to show HUB or something else, go to node
and select the node # and change the freq field in node information menu
to say what ever you want. It should take normal text. I just tried it
and it works.

Hope this helps,

Jon VA3RQ