[App_rpt-users] Question

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Dec 11 20:35:01 UTC 2013

I don't know of any place where mpg123 is required for asterisk other than the
app_mp3.so module and in music on hold if you were to use it there.

You can add this line in  /etc/asterisk/modules.conf

noload=app_mp3.so
that should fix the error and then you can deal with it later.

mpg123 should be installed in  /usr/bin

Do a  'which mpg123'  at the command prompt to see if you have it or check that directory.

mpg123 is used to play mp3 files but you can easily convert an mp3 to a wav or gsm file using sox. Playing e files of these types is a lot less load on the system. mpg123 has been know to cause problems. I dumped it on my pbx asterisk and converted my music on hold files to wav's.

sox infile.mp3 -c1 -r 8000 outfile.wav

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio