[App_rpt-users] DD-WRT QOS settings

Andrew Sylthe asylthe at kc9ona.com
Thu Dec 12 21:29:50 UTC 2013

Doug,

I don't personally use DD-WRT, but do know that it supports prioritization
by application or port.  You'd probably only need to apply priority to UDP
port 4569 in the case of Allstar (IAX2) traffic.  IAX2 is, in my opinion,
superior to SIP in the fact that it only uses one UDP port for both control
and data traffic.  SIP on the other hand would require you to place
priority on UDP port 5060, and UDP ports 10,000 - 20,000 for the RTP
traffic.  You mentioned in previous posts that you've been working with
Asterisk for many years, so I'm sure you're already familiar with the port
numbers.  It's just in case anyone else was curious.  Unfortunately you'd
only be able to setup QOS on your LAN, and couldn't control what happens to
the traffic once it reaches your upstream provider or the internet.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Quality_of_Service#Prioritizing_by_Application_.28Skype.2C_Http.29_or_Port_Range_.28P2P.29

I hope this helps!

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM, Doug Crompton <doug at crompton.com> wrote:

> I am curious if anyone has implemeted QOS settings in DD-WRT for
> Allstar/Asterisk, IRLP, etc. ? If so any recommendations?
>

> *73 DougWA3DSPhttp://www.crompton.com/hamradio
> <http://www.crompton.com/hamradio>*

Andrew Sylthe
KC9ONA