[App_rpt-users] Node connection issue

Serge Bérubé ve2abc at ve2abc.com
Thu Dec 12 21:49:39 UTC 2013

Node connection issue :

I have an issue connecting 2 private nodes all together...

I previously did this with 10 nodes with great success and working for months perfectly. The way I proceeded is  fresh instals and I used the very same password  at the

installation time  on all the machines , same for iaxrpt access same for  machine access, basic setup with a usb fob  and a repeater  connected , I enter the nodes in rpt.conf ,

I comment  the correct file  for no registration on allstarlink, since those machines are part of a private network, etc.

In fact all is correct !

the only difference now is that I want to connect a node that has been built  the same , but the password given at the end of the installation different  than mine.

I checked everything and went to conclusion that this probably  the offending  action...

This situation is on a local net , in the lab , and also is the same if the nodes are on internet.

May someone help me ?

It will be very appreciated, since this happens in the lab while I am teaching 16 students to configure a small network of  Xelatec  radio servers

I was to forget to tell that we use the ISO downloaded from xelatec site with the current  version  and this is a non profit  task I do to promote Ham radio to my students in

Radio-Communications course.

Best regards, Serge Berube  ve2abc