[App_rpt-users] Registration issues

Thor Wiegman n7jct at aplaceonthe.net
Sat Dec 14 03:12:22 UTC 2013

Tonight I had a user tell me that one of my nodes wouldn't connect
anywhere.  Verified, rebooted the server, still nothing.  Tried running
the rc.updatenodelist script manually and it just sits there.

However, after running the following command I do get an update and can
now connect to other nodes.

    /usr/bin/wget -O /var/lib/asterisk/rpt_extnodeshttp://nodes1.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/nodes.pl

When I checked two other nodes they had the same problem and same
work-around.

I ran that same command for nodes2 and it works.  When I run it for
nodes3 it times out.

Could a problem with nodes3.allstarlink.org be causing the
rc.updatenodelist script to choke?  And could that have been causing my
nodes to not be able to connect to others?