[App_rpt-users] Editor

Keith Goobie keith at goobie.org
Mon Dec 23 16:58:42 UTC 2013

Let¹s start a controversy ­ regardless of which unix/linux flavour you are
going to install, the only consistent available editor you are going to find
100% of the time is vi.  If you are planning on running an Allstar node, and
more importantly maintain it, you best suck it up and learn vi.

If you are unwilling to learn vi, you best question your ability to support
the node properly.  Or you had better get node maintenance and
responsibility into the hands of some that is.

In the beginning I was sloughing off learning vi, then saw the error of my
ways and got to know it.  I am not the best at it, but it will save you
grief.  It just plain works and is always there.

Asbestos suit on!

Keith/VA3YC
73 and Merry Christmas

keith at goobie.org