[App_rpt-users] iaxRpt and wine

Ed Wilhelm vacuumtubesforever at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 19:50:35 UTC 2013

I have been running iaxRpt under wine on my OpenSuse 12.2 laptop and it
works  great.

Recently I decided it was time to get a bigger hdd and upgrade to
OpenSuse 13,1.
With this setup iaxRpt is very unstable and crashes often, the receive
audio is OK, but transmit audio is some of the strangest sounding stuff
I have ever heard. Don't think I have words to adequately describe it.

The old setup is Wine 1.5.6 and the Linux kernel is 3.4.33.

The new one is Wine 1.7.2 and the Linux kernel is 3.11.

iaxRpt in both cases is 1.01.46,

Just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

Ed W8VT
Nodes 27849, 29496