[App_rpt-users] DMK URI and Baofeng Radios

Adam Booth kl3tx at ak.net
Fri Dec 27 01:25:12 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am looking to set up my first Allstar node and I'm going to use either a
Baofeng UV-5R or UV-82 HT for the radio.  I plan to interface this to the
node with a DMK Engineering URI (http://dmkeng.com/URI_Order_Page.htm) I
have yet to order.  Does anyone here have experience with interfacing
Baofeng HTs to the DMK URI and have any tips on how to secure the connection
and anything else I should know?  I am also interested in Echolink so a
product that would be compatible with Echolink would be my best choice.

Any other suggestions for radio interfaces would be welcome as well.  I have
looked into Advanced Repeater Systems' products as well
(http://arsrepeaters.com/USB_AllStar_Adapters.php) and they look excellent,
however, I would prefer the versatility of something like the URI for when I
upgrade the radio on the node.  It looks like the ARS product only
interfaces to a certain radio but the URI will interface to anything (give
you know the pinouts on your radio, etc).

So all in all, I am getting started and have yet to choose an interface.  I
have the Baofeng radio chosen as my starter radio, everything else is open
to suggestions!

Thanks

Adam

KL3TX