[App_rpt-users] DMK URI and Baofeng Radios

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Fri Dec 27 20:07:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

I sure haven’t seen either Jim’s briefcase repeater or an SM50, but I’m intrigued.

Currently using two GM300’s on node 2331 configured as a repeater. Antenna’s not up very bigh, maybe 18 feet off the ground, next project is to get it up higher, so currently it receives way better than it transmits, but even so, it’s not half bad.

I’ve been thinking I’d like to put together a portable node anyway. Does the SM50 have the same 16-pin connector as the GM300 has? If so, this would, indeed, be very easy. Expect the most expensive part of the project ould be the duplexer even if I cheaper out and got the Chinese eBay duplexer special. I’m also guessing that it uses the same annoying mini UHF connectors as the GM300’s do.

Come to think of it, how much smaller is the SM50 than the GM300 anyway? Because I actually even have a couple M120’s I could press not service…though they’re not very small to my mind.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY