[App_rpt-users] Chinese Radios For Nodes

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Tue Feb 12 14:58:16 UTC 2013

On 2/12/13 9:49 AM, Jim W7RY wrote:
> Buy one and find out. I have no idea.

In building a cross-band repeater out of a couple of wouxuns with 12V
battery replacement backs...the power adapter that was attached to the
back lasted about a month before it melted and pulled the contacts away,
but the radios were fine.

The cheapie radios are suitable for ICAS service.  Don't cheap out if
you're looking to put up or fill in on an active system.  For occasional
use?  In a car as a limited-use 'backyard' system?  Probably be ok.

Connected to an active network or high-use repeater network?  Do it
right or don't do it at all.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.