[App_rpt-users] Fwd: Suitability of boot media

Don Hackler donh at sigma.net
Mon Feb 18 06:33:56 UTC 2013

I don't know about using the AllStar SIP service for non-amateur applications….
I'm guessing the AllStar SIP service helps support the AllStar project financially.

There are plenty of SIP providers out there, but I normally use Vitelity.com and voip.ms
as my SIP/IAX trunk providers.  They've been reliable and are easy to deal with.
Vitelity has a special PAIF deal that gives you a half price deal on some trunks with
more or less unlimited incoming, but I mostly use the dollar a month trunks from
both providers with metered usage at a penny or so a minute…
(At a dollar a month I can do fun things like having a local DID number
in my home town so my parents can call me with a seven digit local call…)

Some of my systems are running high enough call volume that they would be
abusing the unlimited trunks that are intended for residential/SOHO applications.

Another good reason for the dedicated AllStar box:  Later on, when I need another
radio, I can add a URI to the existing AllStar PBX or I can use an RTCM to
attach a non-local radio.