[App_rpt-users] Limux Linux or ACiD and Arduino

Benjamin L. Naber Benjamin at kb9lfz.com
Thu Feb 21 03:26:10 UTC 2013

I would like to know if anyone has successfully implemented using
Arduino for any reason with either Limey Linux or ACiD.

What I'd like to do is use the Arduino for it's analog inputs, at least
this time. The initial idea is to monitor battery voltage and utility
mains (using a wall wart for step-down) so if the battery voltage or
utility mains drop below a set 'low' threshold, the allstar node will
alert my via text/email. The another text/email when voltage has
returned to another 'normal' threshold. Because there's already an
Internet connection, I don't need to buy another Arduino shield and add
more programming to the mess.

Eventually, I'd like to change the CWID of the node, to reflect what
type of power it's using. The node will ID (KB9LFZ) as it does normally
for my simplex node, then if the utility mains fail, it will ID with
KB9LFZ/BP.... or something to that effect.

So, how to make the asterisk communicate harmoniously with Arduino while
using Limey Linux or ACiD. There are a couple youtube videos with folks
using asterisk with VoIP PBX distros such as FreePBX and AsteriskNOW, so
there must be a way with Allstar versions of asterisk.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ
Allstar node 28569