[App_rpt-users] GPS Locked MACTRAC

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Sat Jan 5 01:42:10 UTC 2013

The reflock does not have it's own oscillator, it sniffs the tcxo as an
input and has a dc output to control the comp line or such of the tcxo
osc. It has an additional input for the ref osc like 10mhz gps etc...
The boards function is to have 2 pll oscillators based on the 2
frequencies of input and scaled, to mathematically lock to each
other...and keep it mathematically locked. In general it should at most
introduce a little jitter but should be no phase noise that I am aware of..
It does not replace your tcxo it just watches it and controls it..

Doug
KD8B